Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
by John Pecoraro, Assistant Director
Celebrate International Jazz Day this April 30. In 2011, the United Nation…
By Danielle Schapaugh
Not often will you find a witty, southern gothic, heartfelt, fiercely-loving, mystery stor…
By Marcia Allen, Manhattan Public Library
I’ve always been fond of fictional books like Nancy Horan’s Lovin…
by Susan Withee, Adult Services Manager
Are you a reader who goes beyond the bestseller lists? Are you looki…
March is Women’s History Month! Many women who had a hand in changing or making history have been overshadowed by…