Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
by John Pecoraro, Assistant Director
May is National Salad Month, so that’s good news for those of us who want…
Summer reading has an important mission: to motivate kids, teens, and adults to read for fun, and help prevent…
Jessica Long, Children’s Library Assistant
Every hero has a story, and you can discover them all at the librar…
By Marcia Allen, Collection Development
There’s always a bounty of wonderful new adult books at the library in…
by Susan Withee, Adult Services Manager
The tulips, redbuds, and forsythia of early spring have given way to lil…