Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
by Mary, Adult Services Librarian
Do you have any extra cans of soup in your pantry to share? This weekend is…
by Heather Strafuss, Assistant Circulation Manager
Lynda.com is now a resource you can use with your library car…
It’s nearing the end of January and it’s that time of year–time to think about filing taxes. The IRS is publishing…
Few things smell as good as a pie baking in the oven–you can almost taste the goodness as the ingredients bubble a…
by Susan Withee, Adult Services Manager
With the holiday season behind us and 2015 ahead, Manhattan Public Libra…